Radio 1's Hackney Weekend

Hi there :)

So yesterday me and Vanese went to Hackney Weekend and it was just amazing.
I'm sure most people watched it on TV and online and could see just how amazing it was. 

I remember when I was younger and I would say that I always wanted to go to a festival and my expectations for Hackney Weekend were not festival-like because it's not something like Glastonbury or Reading, but .. this.. this was so festival like! You could sit down on the grass while listening to your favourite artist perform, eat burgers and chips dance and sing with strangers. Even though you could do most of that at a normal concert, it's  different when it's outside! It has definitely made me want to go to a proper festival; somewhere far so I have to travel from afar, I think it's better that way! 

They had every kind of food place you could think of, even Ben and Jerry's. We also saw Mark Wright, but he was a bit far for us lazy girls to walk over to (regret it now *sad face*)

So when we arrived the queue was long so we had to wait and there were like 3/4 stops before going into the main bit of the place, but the staff were doing such a good job we didn't have to wait more than 15 minutes to get into it. 

When we got there we went straight to the main stage and we were right near the front. After a couple of hours, we watched Leona Lewis (joined by Wretch 32), Rizzle Kicks, (who I wasn't so fond of before, but after seeing them perform, I realised that they're funny and really good when performing)

 Example, (who I still can't believe I saw, I'm so grateful) 
Ed Sheeran and Nicki Minaj. I was all happy, but when Nicki came on everything went crazy and I'm not talking about the good kind! People were pushing, trying to get to the front, arguing.. it was so bad. I couldn't even enjoy myself when Nicki was on stage. After seeing Nicki me and Vanese decided to go around and see what was going down at the other stages/tents. So we went to some tents and the tents were so much better than the main stage. The lights down, people getting crazy (and yes, the good kind!!) it was so awesome! 
We watched Lostprohets perform a song and then we continued our journey around, went to another tent and went into another one just in time for Flo Rida. I can't even explain how fun it was. I'm not really a massive fan of Flo Rida, but he had the best set list ever. All his songs are dance-y and jdkjfnsdf. Everyone was dancing and jumping and having a real good time. 


After that we went back to the main stage and saw Kasabian. We decided to sit down because there weren't a lot of people crowding the front so there was enough space for people to sit down whilst chilling and watching Kasbian perform. When watching everyone perform, I thought to myself how awesome it would be in their position. Hearing people sing back your lyrics, people having the time if their lives, making people's day. It would be amazing, that would.



And after Kasabian was Jay-Z who was joined by Rihanna, M.I.A and Kanye West! It was the best thing ever. 



Everyone was singing along and dancing and really living in the moment :)
It was one of those things where I had to tell myself that it was real and that I will remember it forever. 
It was such a great event. I feel like I've achieved something on my invisible to-do list. 

I'll post a few more picture below, bye for now :)
(Do excuse Vanese's hair.. it was windy!)
 On the way from Homerton station, you walk and people just hand you freebies! We got given cakes, chocolates, the whole lot. And this Sean Paul foam tool thing got given to us.















 Seconds before my slow phone took this there was a whole row of men peeing hahahaha








What's your opinion?

  1. This post is so much better than mine, haha! I forgot to take loads of pictures. Aww, such a good night. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No it's not, yours is tons better, you say about the whole background of Radio 1's Big Weekend hahaha, thanks though. Couldn't agree more! :)

      Delete
  2. Looks like you had a great time! I went on Sunday, I loved Rihanna sooo much! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah, I did! You're so lucky, her performance looked amazing! :D x

      Delete
  3. Oh my gosh it looks friggin immense, I bet you were so excited when you got tickets! Great to get a perspective of someone who went, I just enjoyed it on telly and internet. Glad to find your blog via FBL Facebook page :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, oooh yes! I couldn't believe it :D
      Thank you! Aww, thanks for looking out :D xxx

      Delete
  4. Beautiful post!!!
    What do you think, of following each other ?
    Besos, desde EspaƱa, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :D
      I say, sure, lets do it! :) x

      Delete