300 followers + VMAS 2013 : Best Dressed

Hi there! I've been away (from blogging) for 2 weeks and it's actually been quite boring but nice to have a little break! I've not blogged because I feel like I've done all the outfits I can do with all the clothes I have and there was nothing else I felt I could blog about. But I've finally got some awesome posts coming up very soon! (Next week is dedicated to Back To School). While I was doing nothing but sleep every day, I hit 300 followers. That is hashtag cray since I only got to 200 in April - thank you so much! Blogging has been so fun, it's like the only thing that gives me joy in my life so thanks so much for all the lovely comments and stuff :)

On the weekend the VMA's took place and although I didn't fully watch it, I couldn't ignore the outfits
everyone was wearing. Here are my favourites from the night
Selena Gomez (source) : I've noticed that Selena's outfits are always amazing. I love how this dress has a sheer bralet type thing underneath and then the dress folds over showing just a little bit of flesh and the slit only makes it better. I've noticed that Selena always dresses quite classy. She makes it look so easy! 

Ciara (source) : I can't quite get over how beautiful Ciara is. And I'm constantly questioning why I love this dress, it's so wrong, yet so right! She could wear anything and make it look fabulous to be honest. 

Taylor Swift (source) :  Taylor never fails to surprise me with her outfits. I'm completely in love with this whole look - very Marilyn Monroe-esque and I love that she's showing a bit more flesh than usual but still looks super classy. I love how she wore red lips and nails with this lovely navy dress, reminds me of A/W!

Miley Cyrus (source) : Despite what everyone's saying about Miley, no one can deny that this outfit is great! I love how she's rocking the 90's trend with her hair and her outfit! I think it would be awesome to get some jeans like these black high waisted jeans from J Brand and get some gems or sequins and D.I.Y a pair like Miley's and the same with this Missguided crop top!

 Ellie Goulding (source)  : Not in a bad way but some times I think when Ellie Goulding wears things it can come across as quite tomboy-ish but this dress makes her look oh so glam! Her figure looks amazing and once again.. the slit only makes it better! I love the spikes, so different to what you usually see on the red carpet.

 Shailene Woodley (source) : I love the casual simplicity of this outfit. It's so on trend and I love how she's wearing all black and the skirt pops! I'm also loving her smokey eye.

I left these two till last because they are my absolute favourites! Cream is obviously in right now, I can't over how beautiful these dresses are, I would pay millions to own them!

Allison Williams (source) : I love this shift styled dress, I love the lace detailing and the mesh on the top half and the polo neck. I like how she didn't wear any jewellery (other than earrings), so all the attention can be on the dress! I also love how she wore black shoes instead of nude (sometimes nude with nude just doesn't go). If it were A/W yet I think this dress would go well with a dark lip!

Holland Roden (source) : This was my favourite outfit of the night. This shouldn't look as good as it does, who would've thought wearing trousers and a skirt in one would look so great?! Holland is wearing a Naeem Khan dress from the Resort 2014 Collection. I really love the top, it's like a crop top and is silver with some blue bits, it then turns into these gold high waisted trousers with a matching skirt on the sides! Paired with a pair of gold heels. Fabulous. It's nice to see such a unique outfit. I've been seeing a lot of negative reviews on Holland's outfit, personally I love it, do you?!  

What's your opinion?

  1. Taylor Swift annoys me beyond words, but she's so classy, her style is to die for. Absolutely stunning at this years VMAs, my favourite dressed by far!

    leigh xx | imleighbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't get over Selena's dress, so perfect! And I agree Ciara looks stunning.
    x

    http://likeafleur.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on hitting 300! Absolutely adore Allison Williams' dress, great picks Ally!

    Sarah Xx
    apparentlysarah.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sarah! :D Eeeh, it's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen! Thank you :D X

      Delete
  4. Ciara's always been a girl crush but Selena stole the show for me, her dress is stunning! Also Taylor's hair is perfect so classy, her look is so elegant even if her speech was a little on the childish side lol!

    Beyond Bally.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Taylor Swift dress!!! <3 gorgeous!
    please visit me in free time:)
    http://mesmerize87.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE the bralet/whatever it is Selena Gomez is wearing. And Taylor Swift looks gorgeous! I didn't watch the VMA's except Miley Cyrus's perfomance on youtube... I feel like I don't need to explain.
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ditto! It's so nice, yes Taylor always looks so nice :D x

      Delete