You have always worn your flaws upon your sleeve
and I have always buried them deep beneath the ground

Hello there lovely people, I wore this outfit to my mum's little house party shindig last weekend. 
(Check out Vanese's adorable outfit here) The lovely people at Bliss Clothing were looking for bloggers to review some items and they kindly let me choose 3 items - this beautiful dress being one of them! I got it in this beautiful beige colour. I'm so freaking glad I got this colour, I always just go for the dark colours and never adventure out. I thought this wouldn't suit me, but when I tried it on, I well and truly fell in love. I love the gold plate, it makes the dress - I love that the plate feels like metal and not plastic. If this dress were sold in Topshop it would be about £30, so it shocked me to see that this dress is only £10 ... 10 FREAKING POUNDS! That is what you call a bargain, my friends. I paired this dress with my £5 shoes from Treds (Only size 8 is in stock) and with Vanese's Mac - Russian Red lipstick.  I still haven't made my mind up if the shoes and lipstick actually go with the dress! 

Before I go I'd just like to say this.. I was quite scared to wear this dress (let alone putting up an outfit post on it!) I have dark underarms, stretch marks on my shoulders and (I think) big arms. I wasn't going to wear this dress because of these reasons, but I decided I'd "YOLO" it and wear it anyway. I feel like the biggest fool ever, even though the party was full of family and friends, I didn't feel so insecure. I walked around with my arms out and not one person cared. Of course things are different when you're around people you know and strangers, but even so - it gave the biggest confidence boost ever. If you know me then you've probably never seen my upper arms. I'm not exactly going to start running around with my arms out now, but I'm definitely going to stop shying around and wearing silly things when it's hot outside. In time hopefully I will have the confidence to. I don't know why I'm writing any of this but I thought it would be nice to share with you all my happiness that I've gained. 

If you feel insecure about something and it's stopping you from doing things, don't be scared! Try it out because most of the time no one actually cares :)

What's your opinion?

  1. you look gorge Ally, love the heels
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute heels girl looks really nice and comfortable!!!!
    check out my blog when you can and follow if you like!!!!

    www.chanelly-chanelly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty dress and the plate adds a nice little detail to it! Also, the bit about your arms made me smile, it's nice when learn to appreciate yourself more! :)

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. MY CURSOR IS A MUSTACHE! Sorry, that truly excites me:)

    Anyway, this is a beautiful blog you have and I adore the dress! You are so pretty in it!

    Love, Lou xxx

    http://bluebird6.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, high five!! Awww, that is such a lovely thing to say, thank you lots Lou! X

      Delete
  5. lovely post and gorg outfit sweetpea x

    http://shugahlicious-shug.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Waw you look stunning in this outfit, really like it! Liked your last words even more. You're so right, but it can be really hard at times to do what you love and ignore all the shitty comments. But life's too short to worry about sth like that! :-)

    Verena xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you for this lovely comment! Girl, you are so right :) X

      Delete