3 Vampy Lipsticks for A/W



A bit of a different post from me today, I've wanted to do more beauty posts for quite some time now, but I always tend to buy clothes and shoes instead of buying beauty products! My sister Vanese is always doing beauty posts and I want to join her! I'm going to attempt to be a bit more creative with my posts now, I really want to have more content on here as opposed to just fashion posts! 

I've been obsessing over dark lipsticks for ages now so I pretty much went full on crazy when the sun disappeared! Last year I didn't jump on the oxblood trend, I didn't feel so confident wearing anything dark on my face back then, but this year I'm loving dark lips! I've picked out my top 3 vampy lipsticks that I think will be great for this autumn winter. (Please excuse the odd picture out below!)



This lipstick is actually Vanese's but I've convinced her to let me borrow it from time to time! 04 is a very vibrant, yet dark purple lipstick. It looks quite light here but it does have a darker tone to it, I do love it though because it is very purple and I think purple really compliments dark skin. I'm a matte kind of girl, but this lipstick is quite sheeny-creamy! It will be great for those colder days because your lips won't dry out so much. The lasting power is great, infact both Kate Moss ranges have amazing lasting power. I'd say you could wear it a whole school, college or work day and wouldn't need to top it up (maybe a bit for lunch).


I came across this lipstick a couple of months ago and I really liked the look of it. I recently bought it in boots and thought it would go well in my lipstick collection. This lipstick has such a nice red/berry kind of look to it, but I've found that it's quite messy and can look like it's been smudged - but other than that I would definitely recommend it! I've not worn it long enough to know the lasting power but I've read some reviews and it seems to last over 3 hours. It's a lipstick I would recommended for those who aren't too confident in wearing a proper dark lipstick but still wants to go for a darker lip. I think I'll be wearing this one most out of the three as it's not so in your face and because it's more of a red colour it'll go with most things!

Last but not least, my favourite.. Mulberry! I came across Mulberry when I went on the Sleek site, I was searching for a dark lipstick and this one seemed to be quite popular. I read lots of reviews and fell in love, but I told myself not to as I thought it was a bit too dark! So me and Vanese went into Superdrug and found ourselves in the Sleek sections.. long story short I (obviously) purchased it! I'm so glad I second guessed and caved in, it's daring but I love it! It's a dark purple/black colour, it has a matte & sheen finish and feel so good on the lips. I wore this outside for the first time at college last Friday! I did get a few strange looks, but I don't really care! The lasting power is really good, it lasts about 4-5 hours and even when those 5 hours are up, it just really fades into a matte version of the lipstick - lips will still feel super creamy! I definitely want to purchase more lipsticks from this collection!

I really enjoyed writing this post and using fairy lights to take my pictures! 
Thanks for reading! <3

What lipsticks will you be rocking this a/w?


What's your opinion?

  1. I have Mulberry by Sleek, it's the darkest one I own, looks gorgeous! You really suit it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a lovely colour, I love it so much! Thank you :D x

      Delete
  2. all the colours look so lovely on you and now have made my to buy list :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you! Oooh yay, I'm glad I've convinced you! :D x

      Delete
  3. my favorite is the 2nd, dark red shades are my obsession right now!
    Deejay Speaks

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG the 2nd color is fabulous!! Great post!

    www.itsmiraclewhip.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. you look AMAZING ALLY! these colours suit you so so much!
    xx

    blueviolethearts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh girl, this is something I've been wanting to try out. I love vampy lipsticks on other people and have been wanting to try some out so thank you for making this post.

    xo,
    Mariamma

    p.s. Your skin is gorgeous. You're glooowing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, you are very welcome! Awww, thank you! ^_^ x

      Delete
  7. wow this looks lovely! I will have to go out looking for that lipstick!

    http://thepoetsfrown.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete